Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Massage Therapy For Migraines?


Some people have headaches. I have non-stop migraines that last for "months" at a time. They get a migraine for a few hours, maybe a day or two, but me? I get them so long I forget what its like not to have one. This cluster I am on now started on the morning on December 3, 2013. (That was last year!) Anyway, every moment, of every day for the last, let me count them, 28 days in December (that's minus the 3 days I didn't have a headache) January was 31, February was 28 this year, and now we are 5 days into March, that makes.. 87 days today.

If the thought of having a migraine headache for 87 days is bad, just consider the last cluster, that lasted 187 days. People as me how I can keep sane through all these headaches. I don't know, I really don't especially since my doctor is afraid to keep me stocked with pain medication. The last time we were talking about the subject, he said the DEA came into his office and said he should pee-pee test every patient he prescribes pain medication to, to make sure they, or we, weren't selling them. Well, with my pain levels, you couldn't get me to sell one of those. But I digress.

Today we are talking about how migraines can be helped with massage therapy. Is that bull&hit? Let's find out. What is your experience with having a migraine, and then getting a massage? Let us know on this page. Please comment.

Today, I took my 87 day old migraine down to the chiropractors office (ISS in Reno). I went in because my lower back was hurting again, and I wanted some spinal decompression on my lower back. Dr. Welch asked how my migraine was, and I told him the same, non-stop poking in my eye.

A few minutes later he returned with Massage Therapist, Angelique Calligari, and in-house medical massage therapist that works in the Integrated Spinal Solutions clinic on Longley Lane.
She asked me a few questions about my migraine, and then asked my to lay on my back for a few minutes while she checked out my neck.

She held my neck around the base of my skull and applied pressure with her fingertips.. She was only checking things out, I only got 10 minutes worth of massage, but she turned down my migraine from a 6 to a 2.

 I think there may be something there for me if she can do that. Pain meds can't even do that.

So thank you Angelique.. Ms. Calligari, for your help. You can be sure I will make an appointment with you for at least 30 minutes.

Tell us about your Reno Massage Therapist. Did you get a chiropractic adjustment before, or after your massage? 

Get a massage, adjustment, and physical fitness training, and sports rehab in Reno at Integrated Spinal Solutions. A Reno Chiropractic clinic.

Check out this new chiropractic blog site.

6 comments:

  1. The blog seems very attractive. It attracted a lot of people towards its patter of writing as well as useful information delivered through this blog is very helpful for most of its readers. Massage therapy in ST Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. Massage ball

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Erotische massage

    ReplyDelete
  4. chiropractor near me

    Welcome to Northstar Chiropractic Clinic Center, We provide the best lower back pain and neck pain treatment in lisle. Get the fast relief from lower back pain & neck pain in lisle. Call us 630-795-1889.


    to get more - https://www.northstarmedicalcenter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best BEST BEST!!! Chiro I've EVER been to. So caring and knowledgeable. The staff are ALL SUPER FRIENDLY and professional. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR JAMIESON.
    If you’re ready to kick-start your journey towards a healthy body and lifestyle, search for chiropractors near me and contact us for top quality chiropractic care in a comfortable and friendly environment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this post with us. Get Migraine treatment from best Rockville chiropractor.

    ReplyDelete