Monday, March 3, 2014

Cervical Decompression for Migraine Headaches










People who have migraines know that the pain just won't go away. Migraine suffers will try anything to stop the pain, which leads many to over use of pain meds. Now, don't get me wrong. I am not saying you are not in pain and you shouldn't take pills for it, but you will have to admit, maybe sometimes you take a pill even if you aren't sure if you it's coming on. Now if you are one of the many who live day to day with pain, you may find yourself counting out your pills, and wondering if you are going to make it to the next refill before you run out. I know I do. The only thing that gets me through, is chiropractic adjustment, and cervical decompression.

On the left you will see an x-ray image of a patent with a disc penetration. This is a classic example of someone who needs cervical spinal decompression, not a standard chiropractic adjustment.

Migraines can be caused by a number of things. Food, smells, light can all trigger migraines. Doctors have not been able to track down my personal migraine cause, but I have found that the severity of my headaches is less when I get adjusted frequently. Of course I still have a headache (even right now) but it is manageable with chiropractic care.

This page asks the question: "What do you do for your migraines?" Do you have a special remedy or suggestion? What about pain medication. What works, and what does not. Have you tried the new extended release pain medication that replaced Vicodin? Please comment on this page.

My personal recommendation for migraines? I use an instant release pain medication, but that only works when I have them. My doctor is afraid to give me "too many" which I think is insanity in itself, but when I don't have any meds, I use lots of ice, jasmine tea, and a good chiropractor. 

In Reno - Integrated Spinal Solutions is my chiropractic clinic.

 I highly recommend Dr. Dan Welch, and his partner, Dr. Xavier Martinez. They are available in Reno at the Caughlin Ranch clinic and also in South Reno on Longley Lane, plus now you can see them in Round Mountain, Nevada just outside of Tonopah
.



No comments:

Post a Comment