Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Left Leg Numb and What to Do About It

By Zane Durant * April 2, 2014 * Reno, Nevada

So I totally ruined my workout routine; I was up to some serious weights before I injured myself. Now I have spent 19 days sitting in bed because I can't sit in a chair, and I have trouble sitting and standing.

I have had 6 spinal decompression treatments over the last couple a weeks. and three adjustments. I was really messed up, so I literally went from crawling on the floor and not being able to stand at all to now I hurt a bit, and my stinking left leg is numb. I have a stabbing knife like pain in my left butt cheek too. What do I do about it? Ice.

Hopefully my chiropractor can fix this problem tomorrow, because I am over being sick, or I should say, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

The pain in my leg is coming from my lower back. In the lumbar region of my spine there are 5 bones, these are connected to the sacrum and also to the tailbone. Also, weaving in and out of these vertebrae are nerve endings. My spine is stuck somewhere down there, let's call it the "nether region" and with decompression, I will eventually get those vertebra to open up.

Once that happens I will feel much better. In the meantime, I will have to stick to ice packs, maybe a hot bath once in a while, and I must at all cost avoid long periods of time sitting in a office chair.

I have rigged my laptop so I can work from bed. You should do the same during recovery.

Do you have any recommendations for our readers? Please leave your message about remedies for low back pain, or any other chiropractic topic.


No comments:

Post a Comment