Sunday, April 6, 2014

Why A Pain In Your Butt Originates In Your Back

By Zane Durant * April 6, 2014 * Reno, Nevada

Over the last three weeks I have found out first hand what it's like to have a back problem. Three weeks ago Friday, I woke up with a pain in the back when I bent over, it got MUCH worse before it got better. Now I am suffering from what doctors call "sciatic" pain.

You see, I have a lower back issue. The chiropractor told me is either a herniated or bulging disc that is the source of the pain, which is now shooting down my backside, into the left leg. It gets better when I lay on my side, but if I lay flat is goes numb. I still can't sit for very long. Right now I am set up in the bed with a laptop so I can work.

When your spine has an "disc out" it hurts to high heaven. You lose all use of your limbs, a couple a weeks ago I couldn't get my right leg off the floor to put my pants on. I couldn't bend over to dry off in the shower.. which normally would make for some funny jokes, but it was me, so I wasn't laughing.

No kidding. I was really in pain. I got relief from spinal decompression therapy at my neighborhood chiropractor. (Integrated Spinal Solutions).

Now I am about 85 percent better. I still have that stabbing pain in my leg, and my butt hurts right in the middle of my butt cheek. It's like someone has an ice pick, and every so often, they poke me.

There is nothing wrong with my leg. Nothing wrong with my butt, it's my back. Once I get an adjustment on Monday, I should be feeling better. 

Tell us about your experience with chiropractic care below. And check back often to Chiropractic Today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment