Monday, April 14, 2014

5 Weeks To Recovery

By Zane Durant * April 14, 2014 * Reno, Nevada

On March 10th of this year, five weeks ago, I did something bad to my lower back. If you read some of the past entries you will see how messed up I was. I like that phrase "was" because now that I am out of pain, I can look back with some astonishment at how bad my pain was.

Today I went back to the chiropractors, and got my 7th decompression treatment. I have to say, wow.. it's so nice not to hurt anymore.

I just got back from the gym. Soooo excited about that. I missed from March 10 to today so getting back to it came with mixed feelings. I wanted to get back in there, and I was also afraid of hurting myself again. You know they say you never know what's it's like to feel good until you are in pain.

Dr Welch, at Integrated Spinal Solutions is my chiropractor. His office is located in South Reno off McCarren and Longley Lane. He gave me the green light to start lifting again, but he recommended that I stretch twice as long as I usually do, which means twice as much as nothing.. which could be the reason I hurt myself if the first place.

I stretched, did a light workout, and my back feels fine. 12 minutes of cardio later and I am feeling like a million bucks. Man, there's nothing like getting back to it.

If you are recovering from back pain, take it easy. I used a lot of ice, 10 minutes every hour. That went on for weeks. Couple that with decompression, and you too can feel better.

You haven't tried spinal decompression? Now, you have to be kidding me? Is you chiropractor just "cracking you?" Man, get into the 21 century and try spinal decompression therapy. You will be soooo glad you did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment