Friday, April 18, 2014

What's The Deal With Those Hang Up Machines

By Zane Durant * April 18, 2014 * Reno, Nevada

I have been personally dealing with a back issue for the last 5 weeks. I have gone from totally unable to move, to about 95% with the help of ice packs, regular chiropractic adjustments, and 7 sessions of decompression. The other day my friend dropped by and brought with him his "teeter hangup" for me to try. My wife told him I was wiped out and could use it if he wasn't.

This hangup thing is very similar to the decompression offered at the clinic. The difference is the clinic uses a system that clicks you into a belt then weights are used to relieve stress, the teeter hang up, and similar inversion tables lock your ankles in place, and then your weight pulls down on your spine as you hang upside down like a bat.

At first I was a little apprehensive at first because I was really bad before and I didn't want to make it worse. I started out slowly, and the first time I went back I could feel a nice long stretch. I was instantly sold. I did a couple of sessions yesterday, and a couple today, and it really works. I was sitting for a bit too long again today and after decompression on that inversion table I felt better.

I think personally that as a tool to keep things moving it's okay, but I still think regular spinal decompression ( 1 or twice per month ) is best, with an occasional adjustment if need be. 

I recommend my chiropractic clinic: Integrated Spinal Solutions in Reno. Dr. Dan Welch, Dr. Riley, are in the South Location, Dr. Martinez, and the rest of the team work in Caughlin Ranch. They offer the latest in chiropractic care including state of the art spinal decompression, EMS therapy, ultrasound therapy, massage, and personal trainers to help restore your core muscles to their former strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment