Monday, April 7, 2014

Back Pain Diary: Day 24

By Zane Durant * April 7, 2014 * Reno, Nevada

Three weeks, and three days ago I injured my lower back. The cause could have been many things, but I have narrowed the field to sitting too long at my desk at work, bending and twisting while carrying 45 pound weights in the gym, or maybe it was something else.. but in any event, I went through some serious pain over the last couple of weeks, which has now finally subsided.

When I first went to the chiropractor's I thought to myself that, "oh, it's just a little problem, I will be better in no time." The last time I threw my back out I was flat on my back for about 10 days, then I was fine. This time, 24 days of pain.

Today, I had a 2 o'clock at Dr Welch's office. I did not get decompression today, just a manual adjustment. My sacrum has been jammed, and it was pinching all kinds of nerves down there. I had numbness in the left leg, a stabbing pain in the rear, and now, all that's gone. I do have the slightest bit of pain in the calf area, but I am sure that will go away tomorrow, or the next time I go in for decompression.

My chiropractor is the bomb. If it wasn't for him, and his treatment, I am sure I would have thought that I needed surgery. He even said to me after seeing how bad I was that if I did not respond to treatment he was going to recommend an MRI just to be sure that part of my bone had not broken off or something.

Well, I took the decompression, about 7 times over three weeks, I got three adjustments as well, lots of electronic stimulation, and ice, ice, ice.

If you have suffered a similar injury, please leave your story below. If you are new to Reno, and are looking for a chiropractor, I recommend any of the doctors at Integrated Spinal Solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment