Friday, April 11, 2014

Improper Lifting Can Injure

By Zane Durant * April 11, 2014 * Reno, Nevada

Man I tell you. I was "this close" to a "Rock" body. I was going to the gym 5 nights a week (I go at night because nobody else is there and the gym is all mine). This "Rock" workout has me doing 5 sets, so when you add heavy weights to it, it has a tendency to overload your spine.. and that's what happened to me.. an overloaded spine.

At the base of our spines lie the lumbar, the sacrum and the tailbone. In the gym, I was overdoing it with the sit ups. 100 per day I guess is too much. I will have to double-check that with the trainer at ISS, because it was working.. all of it was working, that's the frustrating part.

I hurt my low back lifting and twisting, at least, I think it was that, or the sit ups, or working at my desk too long. One of the many dumb things I do to myself caused it, and it knocked me out for a month.

My back injury was no joke. It still hurts a little right now so I am trying to keep this blog entry short. I do want to know about your experience with lifting. Have you injured yourself? What did you do for it? Please comment below.

If you are new to Reno, Nevada, and you don't know a good chiropractor, let me recommend Integrated Spinal Solutions in Caughlin Ranch. Dr. Martinez, is celebrating his 20th year. Dr. Martinez, or one of his associates can help you today, so call now for an appointment.

If you are not sure "how to lift" while at the gym, please talk to a physical trainer before you injure yourself. Integrated Spinal Solutions has an in house physical fitness center where licensed fitness instructors help you with your workout, as well as your posture.

Talk to Angelique Calligari about Massage while at ISS.

No comments:

Post a Comment