Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Reno Chiropractor Explains Traditional Adjustments vs Decompression Therapy

To crack, or not to crack, that's the real question. Your chiropractor is faced with that decision every day. One patient may have an injury that requires a little TLC cracking, and the same patient may need decompression on another day. It all depends on the injury.

Traditional chiropractic began in 1895 and since then it had become mainstream medical treatment, not some crazy idea. My grandfather took me to my first chiropractor as a child of 6. They were treating me for migraine headaches. Back then, everyone else in my family was like, "oh my god George, why are you taking your little grandson to the chiropractor? Aren't you afraid they will hurt him?" I remember my grandfather told them that they should try it, because it was working for his back.

I was adjusted in what must have been 1967. I went three or four times, I think, hell it was a long time ago, but I do remember this, the sound of the cracking. It freaked me out, but the chiropractor asked me, "did that hurt?" and I must have said no, because he continued to crack me here and there, turn me this way and that, and off I went to watch Dark Shadows.

After going to the chiropractor, my headaches disappeared until I was about 18. So I would have to say that chiropractic helped me keep my migraines at bay for all that time, and of course I still get migraines once in a while, but when I do, I go into Integrated Spinal Solutions in Reno. My Chiropractor is Dr. Dan Welch, really nice guy and fantastic chiropractor.

Spinal decompression is the latest breakthrough in spinal care. Doctors of all kinds recommend this for patients suffering with never ending back pain. It recommended for patients who may be considering spinal surgery.

This procedure does not hurt. It happens while you are on your back. Dr. Welch, or one of the other chiropractic doctors will strap you into a cervical or lower back decompression table and set a counter weight on the machine. This weight varies, and slowly pulls your spine apart, which allows pinched nerves to be relieved. Several sessions may be needed to completely repair herniated discs, or other low back problems. I personally needed 6 treatments to repair a displaced sacrum. (I fell on my butt snowboarding) but the good news is, I went from crawling on the floor in horrible pain, to jumping for joy and running around like a fool in 3 weeks. NO SURGERY REQUIRED.

What about you? What do you think about chiropractic? What was you first recollection of going to the chiropractor? Are you afraid to try chiropractic? Comment below, LIKE US on Facebook at Integrated Spinal Solutions and if you enjoyed this blog post, please follow us.

No comments:

Post a Comment